Monday 4 August 2014

Morning mountains. Bright sun. Cold wind.

A big week getting ready for the Bath Artisan Market on Sunday 10th August. My first piece of displacement activity, in fact my default displacement activity in general - striding up Hay Bluff.
I can always justify walking up a mountain well, it's exercise! I found some wild thyme blooming on the slopes. Very Shakespearian, and a sure sign that fairies live here, although they would have to be hardy little folk to withstand the weather.
It was bright and sunny, but a very cold wind blew as I climbed. The light was amazing, everything so clear.
I feel so lucky to have this as my nearest place to ascend. I love the interplay of sunshine and shadow early in the morning.
 The only problem with walking up Hay Bluff at 6.30am is the ice cream van has not yet arrived in the car park when I arrive back there!
Now to begin the week.

3 comments:

  1. You know a bank where the wild thyme blows... (this was the first bit of Shakespeare I ever learned at middle school!).
    Ice cream van or not, you're still very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, and enviable, there's no country to compare with it really, I think.

    Someone pointed out that the bank where the wild thyme grows is botanically completely impossible, with all the seasons and habitats thrown in together like that! But then again it was Fairyland. I used to like to throw a few wild thyme flowers onto a salad sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This area around Hay is fantastic. I never take it for granted, or tire of it. And let's face it - for fairies, nothing is botanically impossible! Thank you for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete