Tuesday 14 July 2015

Letterpress, cakes & books at The Hours in Brecon


There's a great bookshop in Brecon called The Hours. It's an old building, crowded full with books, and at the back a cafe - a perfect combination. I have been letterpress printing for them.
I was asked to letterpress print some labels for the cakes! Unexpectedly precise printing for me, but rather fun, choosing a font, and some ornament. Dark brown was requested, very stylish!

I have used a lovely font called Bologna, which has one of the cutest ampersands ever.
And then cakes are labelled! I love the shining cake domes.

I was rather pleased with them, and the cakes are truly delicious.
Thanks to Nicky and Leigh of The Hours. If you're in Brecon, go and buy a book and then drink tea, eat cake, and start to read - what better way to spend a rainy Welsh summer's day! Here's a link to The Hours facebook page.
http://on.fb.me/1HIJAhQ

No comments:

Post a Comment