Wednesday 21 September 2011

Rehearsing for a World Premiere! Yo ho

The Jolly Roger will be flying over St Asaph Cathedral at 11am on 27th and 28th September 2011 for the first performances of Sea Dogs - a Pirate Tale, as part of the North Wales International Music Festival.

It's a piece for narrator, symphonic brass and timpani. It was commissioned by Ty Cerdd. I wrote the words and am going to narrate, and Gareth Wood wrote the music.
 The Cathedral will be filled with children, I think they're all going to be dressed as pirates, along with the musicians and myself. It's going to be noisy, shipmates, and huge fun. 

I can't think of anything better as a writer than to perform my words to wonderful music before a large audience of over excited children!

I am going to a rehearsal on Sunday, but have been rehearsing at home, and also making myself a costume, and a pirate tote bag to carry my score.

1 comment:

  1. No tots before performance me hearties.

    ReplyDelete