Thursday 9 May 2013

poem. making time.

making time
I stand at the back door
whenever I can and
gaze at the garden,

at six in the morning
a minute or two to spare
as I drink my tea,

in the afternoon instead of
doing something else,

in the dusk as
the garden takes a breath,

or last thing at night

I stand at the back door
whenever I can and
gaze


It's the perfect antidote to feeling as though there is too much to do and too little time. I have lots of mirrors in my small garden, and this is the view of the looking glass garden through one of them.
 

2 comments:

  1. I too am an inveterate garden gazer - usually with a mug of coffee in hand. I tell my husband (daily!) that my dream is to do it from a cottage in the Welsh borders, with rolling hills to gaze out over, but until he gets his finger out, I make the most of our suburban plot and my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of gazing at two gardens - the one before you, and the one in your imagination. Both good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete