Thursday 22 August 2013

Printing for Free Verse: Poetry Book Fair. Covered in ink.

I am printing poetry in my shed, ready for Free Verse: The Poetry Book Fair, at the Conway Hall in London on 7th September. 
Starting as it gets light,
and happily typesetting. Here is one of The Season's Key. It's a winter haiku.
I love the process of taking poetry from an idea through to the printed word, and I have done all of it. The absolute attention to detail needed to write the poem is mirrored in the setting and printing.
 I relish the clutter that comes with each printing task, to be tidied away at the end.
In a small way, it gives me a connection with printers of old, the basic process being essentially unchanged until the advent of computers.
Really looking forward to the Book Fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment