Saturday 31 August 2013

Celebrating Wordsworth's Daffodils

I have been celebrating 'Daffodils' by William Wordsworth with a new knitted finger puppet collage.


 the caption reads
a host of what? William pondered

It's a much simpler card than most, and I have used the loose pages from a lovely old book about flowers that was in pieces and not fit for anything except using for collage.

I like the rustic colour of William as well.

The next card in the series has William thinking 
when all at once I saw a cow
but since my attempts to knit a cow finger puppet have resulted in what looks like a mutant dalmatian dog, I may have resort to the pages of the Farmer's Weekly magazine and use images instead.

William is coming with me to Free Verse:The Poetry Book  Fair in London on 7th September, and is already in place at The Print Shed in Madley for the h Art exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment