Wednesday 4 September 2013

Kitchen table publishing. Rehearsal.

I met up with Jeremy Dixon of Hazard Press yesterday, to rehearse the set up of our shared HALF a stall at Free Verse: The Poetry Book Fair at the Conway Hall in London on 7th September.
We have 90cm between us at this prestigious event.
Jeremy makes beautiful books, and was completely ready for the rehearsal. His half of the stall looks lovely. I hadn't finished making the display board at the back of my half, so it's not painted white, and I am having to hold it, but it gives the general idea.
 
I realise that I am going to a book fair with poetry seed packets, wall art poetry, and Wordsworth finger puppet gift cards. I wonder if anyone will notice the lack of - erm - books!

 

2 comments:

  1. Superb! I'm sure you'll make far more impact than 45cm would suggest! I'm hoping I might have a day in town on Saturday - if I do, I'll tell the organisers never mind the books - let me to the knitted finger puppets! (Sorry, far too many exclamation marks).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We are right in the middle of the Hall, which I think is a very good place, as everyone will walk past. Jeremy and I will also be instantly recognisable by the huge grins on our faces, as we enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete