Sunday 22 September 2013

Planting poetry. Seed packets of poems!

One of the really enjoyable things about going to book and craft fairs is the chance to show my poetry and present it to the visitors. I've never really liked the idea of putting my poetry in books, where the order of them is fixed, and they are stuck inside covers, so I invented the poetry seed packet.
 All the poems are printed on separate sheets. And I have designed and made a seed packet for them to go in!
 There are proper instructions on the back, and the number in the edition is written where the price would be on the front of a real seed packet. I like the whole process, from writing the poetry through to making the packets, doing all of it myself.
It's hugely enjoyable displaying these packets, and seeing the reactions to them - AND of course sending them off to new homes!
You can see them in my Etsy shop, if you don't find me at a fair.
http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/quarto17

No comments:

Post a Comment