Thursday 12 September 2013

h. Art at The Print Shed. A must-see exhibition.

I have had a really lovely day being a steward at The Print Shed, Madley, where there is a great exhibition as part of h.Art week, Herefordshire Arts Week.
In pride of place is the mighty 1834 Cope & Sherwin printing press, in regular use by members of the studio. I've printed linocuts with it. Brilliant.

This is a poor quality photo taken with my phone, but one of my favourite artists in the exhibition is Ursula Prosser, who makes wonderful linocuts, and captures the essence of what horses are.







One of the most popular artists is Lee Wright,
who makes reduction linocuts. This is of Carreg Cennen castle.

You really need to see them in person, but I hope my images give an idea.






                                                                             
Artist in Residence Richard Bavin has a studio up in the roof of the studio. Interesting to look at, as he has both finished work and work in progress.


I had a great day talking to people, making tea and dispensing cake, and selling art, including some of my own!

And in an unexpected half an hour lull, I got the first drafts of two haiku that have been at the back of my mind for ages.

h.Art is on until Saturday 15th September.
www.theprintshed.net


2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful space with a real sense of calm - glad to hear that you're work is selling there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I must admit I am still always surprised when people want to buy my work!

    ReplyDelete