Sunday 8 September 2013

Free Verse: Poetry Book Fair. A fantastic day.

Well the day finally dawned, and I got up very early to catch the train to London and the Poetry Book Fair. My biggest problem was that I had forgotten that the dress that goes best with my Sancho cowboy boots is now much too big, but I decided not to start ironing other things, and settled for looking less slimline that I would have wished.

The Fair was very interesting, with a huge variety of books and publishers, all attracting  enthusiastic readers. The room was very full of tables, making narrow aisles, and the day was punctuated by the sound of people apologising to each other as they carried around their bags full of books.

Here's my 45 centimetres of stall!

And here's my best selling item

There's a lot of ideas and inspirations to think about. But tonight, a huge dinner and then a great deal of sleep.

2 comments:

  1. It was wonderful! I've been involved in a lot of exhibitions over the years, and I've never experienced such an enthusiastic body of people - visitors and exhibitors - it's a pity you couldn't bottle the atmosphere, it would be a tonic for dark days.

    Anyway, we loved it, and getting to say hello made our day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for coming to visit the fair. Meeting you made an interesting and exciting day PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete