Thursday 9 January 2014

Miniature log cabin. Sewing, silk.

I have been making some miniature pieced log cabin patchwork blocks, just to try and fix in my mind the order in which the logs are pieced. I thought it was better to sew minatures, and by hand, rather than larger blocks by machine. I am hoping it will put the piecing order back into my memory!
A miniature block, 6cm square, needs a template, and I have marked some calico, complete with numbers! The fabric will go on the other side of the template, and I can sew along the lines, and see what I'm supposed to be doing.
So the central square is tacked in place, a lovely gold dupion silk. I'm using silk for the whole block.
The square begins to grow,
and the back starts to resemble a mad chaos of stitches, although it isn't really chaos,
and finally, the square finished,  put into a greetings card, and resting on a tiny easel.
I have made several, and am so pleased with them I've made them into greetings cards, and put them onto my Etsy shop. https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/quarto17?ref=si_shop
Lovely little log cabin blocks!



No comments:

Post a Comment