Wednesday 5 February 2014

Floral alphabet. Dip pen and ink.

With dip pen and Windsor and Newton ink I have been drawing floral alphabet letters.
It's lovely drawing with a dip pen, impossible to go fast, and the lines are wonderfully uneven and not remotely uniform.
I am working my way through the alphabet.
I've had success selling alphabet cards, but until now have been drawing and selling originals. Not very time efficient! So an investment in laser printer has made the process much simpler. I am taking my time to create one letter I really like, and then printing it directly onto a card.
  I hand colour the tiny hearts on the letters after printing, so they could be changed to gold, pink, purple or a rainbow of colours, not just red.
I am happily heading towards Z, and putting the floral letter cards onto my Etsy shop as they are finished and printed.  http://etsy.me/1eCltUZ

4 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous. Do you think you might have an 'E' anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, E through to J just being finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful - I'd love to give an E to Number One Daughter on her birthday. Would you let me know when it's in your Etsy shop so I can buy it please? - come to think of it, I'd better have a C too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! This will spur me on to finish my letter E.
    xx

    ReplyDelete