Sunday 13 April 2014

An outbreak of poetry!

Last day of Term, children in fancy dress, an outdoor specially constructed storytelling area - how much better can it get?! On Friday I told stories and poems to many groups of marvellously dressed children and teachers at Thornhill School in Cardiff.
I was the first person to perform in the circle. It really was an honour. Here I am with the first ever class to come and hear stories and poems in the area. Their teacher is resplendent in the centre of the photo, in his Cat in the Hat outfit.

The sun was shining, and I had several of those I can't believe this is my job moments!

Then today, Sunday, an event in Cardiff for the Children's Literature Festival, making seed packets, and filling them with poems, and with favourite and precious things - photos, pictures, mementoes. I encouraged the adults to make a packet each as well.
Everyone was quiet, and focussed on their own creations. It was a lovely afternoon.
Two very different events, but both celebrating words, ideas, poems and stories. I am SO LUCKY!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous story telling area AND spring weather - a great way to end the term.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely - some passers by on the footpath next to the school were a little bemused though!

    ReplyDelete