Wednesday 23 April 2014

Shakespeare's Birthday. Letterpress. Poems While U Wait.

I thought I would celebrate Shakespeare's birthday with some letterpress and knitting. Of course - how else would I do it?! Here are some of my new cards, awaiting posh photos before being offered to a discerning public.

It seemed a shame to make a Richard III, when I could do a horse instead. The horse represents the absolute limit of my ability to knit. The font I used for the word 'horse' has a Wild West saloon poster look to it that I really like. 


The most famous stage direction of all, from Winter's Tale. I don't usually stitch noses on finger puppets, but thought the bear needed one.
I have a soft spot for Mark Antony, one of the sexiest of all flawed heroes. I hope I have done him justice, in his Senatorial toga.
 The Shakespeare puppets will be coming with me to the Big Skill Crafts Festival at Racquety Farm in Hay on Wye on 24th to 26th May. Here's a link to their Facebook Page, https://www.facebook.com/thebigskill
I will also be doing Poems While U Wait at the event. Very much looking forward to that. I hope William would have approved.


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I'm sure the Bard is enjoying them enormously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I like to think they would make him smile. And of course the way I have letterpress printed the words would be entirely familiar to him. I do like that thought!

    ReplyDelete