Tuesday 25 June 2013

self portrait in a tuba

While the brass ensemble and I were waiting to step onto the stage in the spacious foyer of the Wales Millennium Centre yesterday, I caught sight of myself reflected in the shiny tuba.
I am not a great one for self portraits but this seemed too good an opportunity to miss. 
On the left is a musician wearing a yachting cap, and you can see part of a stripy t shirt and a pirate-hatted musician on the right.
We performed SEA DOGS twice, and had a great time. Our audiences were mostly dressed as pirates, as were the ensemble and me. 
I am thinking of a series of self portraits, reflected in musical instruments.
Yo ho!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! I'd have to do some serious polishing if I was ever going to see myself reflected in my 'cello, although I'm getting to be the right shape these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hadn't thought of wooden instruments - I'm a little fixated on brass!

    ReplyDelete