Monday 1 July 2013

Sea Dogs ahoy in Swansea Museum

It's Monday, it must be time to perform SEA DOGS!
Today, with the Treherbert Brass Band, performing Sea Dogs before a large audience of children. We were in the Maritime Museum in Swansea, a fitting setting for the pirate story, with my words, and the wonderful music of Gareth Wood.
Absolutely everyone was dressed as a pirate. 
Here we are rehearsing in front of a case full of rather lovely model ships.
The Band looked magnificent.
Here's one of my favourite shipmates.
I can't think of a better way to spend a Monday afternoon.
Thanks to the Museum, to the marvellous Band, of course to Charlotte Griffin from Ty Cerdd, who commissioned Sea Dogs, and continues to support it. Thank'ee, matey.

2 comments:

  1. Appropriately we watched several episodes of Captain Pugwash on YouTube over the weekend - now where did I leave that hook...

    Sounds tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captain Pugwash - now there's a fine pirate! Argh!
    You can hear Sea Dogs on Soundcloud. The link is in my post of 22 June called Sea Dogs, A Jolly Nautical Tale. I can't get the link to work in this reply.
    One more performance on July 28th, then I hang up my pirate costume for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete