Saturday 12 October 2013

love, loss and letterpress

My newly purchased wooden Caslon font arrived today. A full font of upper and lower case letters. 
It really is lovely.
I used some it immediately.
I am taking part in a project with The Print Shed in Madley, that requires an edition of 25 prints, 
20cm by 20cm, and with the deadline looming, today was my last chance to get something done.
It isn't what I had been planning, but the print is in memory of my late friend Dinah, and I wrote the poem yesterday while driving in the car, thinking of those who are left behind when someone passes on.  She was very elegant and beautiful, and it was good to make her name the first word printed with my elegant and beautiful new font.
Here's the poem;
 
time is still flowing, but
seasons are different now
never quite spring again

No comments:

Post a Comment