Saturday 9 November 2013

letterpress. ampersand. doomed lovers.

In the midst of making jolly festive things for Christmas Craft Fairs, I suddenly had a brainwave about a letterpress ampersand picture. Here it is, in its box frame, lounging against a sumptuous quilt.
 I have printed some of my ampersand collection onto very nice textured paper, and printed on the mount as well. I think it looks rather jolly from a distance, but when you look closely,
the ampersand joins famous lovers, all of whom are
as the printed title explains!
Excellent, now I can get on with knitting finger puppet Santas to put on collage gift cards - but the cards reference sponsorship and Coca Cola, so perhaps the doom isn't quite behind me!

Crickhowell Craft Fair, 23rd November, Clarence Hall, Crickhowell.
Christmas Fair, Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff, weekend of 30th November and weekend of 7th December.
Christmas Open Studio, Print Shed, Madley, 29th November to 2nd December.


No comments:

Post a Comment