Tuesday 31 December 2013

Caban Coch dam. Massive waterfall. Unbelievable noise!

 Approaching the Elan Valley Visitor Centre, the sight of a wall of water behind the buildings.
The Caban Coch dam overflowing in a magnificent waterfall. The air was full of rain and spray, and my clothes were soaked as I walked closer. I could feel the power of the water reverberating through me. The sound took my breath away.
It was an overwhelming sight.
On the ledge of one of the buttresses, in the middle of the waterfall, I saw a tree. You might be able to see it on the far left, a faint outline. How is it surviving the force of the flood?
And, facing away from the roaring torrent, in the distance a beautiful rainbow.
It was a place of wonder.

2 comments:

  1. Magnificent and wonderful indeed!

    Happy New Year, Francesca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Lucy. Let's hope it stops raining soon!

    ReplyDelete