Sunday 6 July 2014

Letterpress printing. Tour de France.

I have been celebrating the Tour de France in my printing shed! I decided to make a print for each of the three main jerseys worn by the leaders of the race, and turn them into cards. Here is the maillot vert, the green jersey, worn by the fastest sprinter.
Poor Mark Cavendish is out of the race, having fallen at the finish line on the first day. I was hoping for him to be wearing this jersey at the end of the race in Paris in three weeks time.
But the card looks nice, stitched with green thread of course.
The best climber wears the King of the Mountains jersey. It's rather exciting, white with red dots.
I have used some huge full stops, and stitched the print onto the card with red thread.
And the race leader wears the maillot jaune, the yellow jersey.
The big wooden letters look fabulous, and I really like the bright yellow, not a colour I usually use. 
The maillot jaune is listed on my Etsy shop, and the others will follow. Vive le Tour!

3 comments:

  1. What an excellent idea! I love the fonts you've used on these. Letterpress blocks (is that what they're called? My mind has gone blank >.<) are gorgeous things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    Oh I am totally in love with old wooden letters! My collection of ampersands has yet to find expression, but the day will come...

    ReplyDelete