Friday 25 July 2014

Printing shed. Letterpress printing. Summer garden.

It has been absolutely lovely, in this hot weather, to have both doors of my printing shed open. The garden becomes part of it.
The sun shining onto the metal of the proofing press, which is on the floor. I have been experimenting printing with two colours. Very daring.
Enjoying finding quotes and phrases that I like.
Here is a bit of Descartes, I think therefore I am, making full use of the big fancy A and M.
My tray of the ever reliable and beautiful Caslon font by my side. I use this most of all for the big prints. It has upper and lower case letters, and there is something so reliable and utterly right about Caslon. Don't know why - it just is.
And here is the washing line with all three pieces hanging up to dry. Pirate map lore, Descartes, and Game of Thrones. I think that just about covers it!
Happy Summer. x



2 comments:

  1. That shed must make a WONderful hideaway. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I don't know if I like best when in the summer when the doors are open, or in the winter with the curtains drawn and it's all warm and cosy!

    ReplyDelete