Wednesday 5 March 2014

A poet and a storyteller in the correct outfits

It is not often that I meet up with another poet or storyteller in a school, so today was a real treat. My visit to Gwenfo Primary School co-incided with that of a storyteller called Cath Little. As soon as we met, I realised we were actually dressed as a storyteller and a poet, and asked a member of staff to take a photo of us on my phone.
I hope you agree. I am so pleased about meeting Cath that I am not at all worried about my head looking too big in the photo, which is the thing I am usually concerned about.

A visit always causes some disruption to the school timtetable, and with two of us I think it did present a few challenges, but we were made very welcome.  I had a rampaging time writing poetry with two classes, and then in the afternoon went to Dinas Powis Library, where a lovely class of children and I enlivened the scholarly calm by singing my song The Very Sad Song of the Villainous Sharp-toothed Shark, and other literary delights.

Here's Cath's website.  www.cathlittle.co.uk


2 comments:

  1. Excellent to know that some schools are still making poetry and story telling exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good - and the children love to meet with real live writers, and work with them.

    ReplyDelete