Thursday 6 March 2014

World Book Day. Bicycles and banana splits.

An epic World Book Day, out with Paul Doyle of Neath Port Talbot Libraries.

We went to Ynysfach Primary School, where I was captured performing Peter Samson's poem "On My Bike' with a class. It's a lively poem, and leads to some fabulously strange and imaginative writing from the children, after we have all pretended there are pedals sticking out of our ears, of course.
Then in the afternoon to Blaengwrach Primary, where we had a break about halfway through the poetry workshop to devour a huge banana split!
Paul and I were given seats with all the children, and thoroughly enjoyed the fair trade dessert. I have to say this is the most unusual event I have ever attended during a school visit!
Here's Paul, in the background you can see a member of staff dressed as a giant banana.

It was a great day of laughter, imagination, and creating poetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment