Monday 10 March 2014

Poetry in Penarth - perfect!

A visit to the grand and stately Penarth Library this morning.
A lovely class of children came to the library, all the way from Fairfield School in Penarth. I told them some poems, and then asked them to be poets too. Here they are, all looking very studious,
writing poems, and then doing some illustration. There is a big display of work planned for their classroom! We finished with a grand reading of poetry, then I taught them my shark song, and ended by reading the very best picture book of all, Where The Wild Things Are. Many thanks to Julie Dutton at the Library for her hospitality.

After the children had headed off back to school, I went to Ikea and bought shelves for my print shed. Here I am, shortly after realising that the table I need to put my printing press on will fit into the car, but not if there is a driver in it,
A minor detail! Happy days.


4 comments:

  1. Oh the happy hours spent in IKEA! Good luck with the shelves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now have the contents of the shed on the lawn, making room for the shelves - I can't believe how much I have managed to cram into it! Hope I can get the whole thing erected, and everything safely stowed away before dark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shed is going to be like Dr Who's tardis before very long ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly has more printing materials in than the Tardis!

    ReplyDelete