Thursday 20 March 2014

Poetry in Action at Pendoylan

A poetry workshop is an active event, especially with Year One! Here I am with the young poets at Pendoylan CIW Primary School, searching for inspiration,
starting small,
reaching for the heights,
and being proper authors.

I told them the story of Sion Cwilt, and then we wrote short poems about our own houses. Here are two of my favourites,
I don't know which I am more envious of, the pirate wallpaper and quilt, or the 4 cats and a rainbow unicorn!
To finish with we performed a story about Little Bo Peep. Here she is, talking to a cow about her lost sheep.

The children were fantastic. It was a great day.





2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, I hope they manage to keep some of that spirit as they get older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I always think of that in every school I visit.

    ReplyDelete