Wednesday 5 March 2014

A very frivolous font. Letterpress in the kitchen.

I am not sure we will ever actually sit down to eat at the kitchen table again. My latest purchases from the print shop in Manchester are here, waiting to be cleaned, and then? Well my house is very small so they might just have to stay here!
I have a very busy week out and about being a poet in schools and libraries this week, so don't have time to play with my lovely new wooden and metal letter. However, while waiting for my toast to do its thing this morning, I quickly cleaned and photographed these wonderfully frivolous letters. I love the little flick on the exclamation mark. The whole thing is so exuberant. I am really looking forward to printing with it.  My father's initials are FX.
Luckily the toast took a little while, so I quickly picked out words from another tray of three small wooden fonts.
Wherefore art thou, pictured next to the foods that fuel my lodger and I. Bananas and peanut butter are a very excellent way to keep going!

2 comments:

  1. Font heaven! Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly will. I now have so much that I don't think I will ever need to buy more, unless...

    ReplyDelete